Friday, September 28, 2012

Sympathy for Lady V

I have seen quite a few Korean movies all either being sad and romantic or scary. This is the first violent korean movie I've ever seen and I am not sure on how i feel about it. After watching the movie and hearing another students paper on violence, I would have to agree with what she said about "It's our job to creat life but not to destry it." The only difference that this student and I have are that I believe in God and she does not. My belief is that God is supposed to decide when a life is to end and how it is supposed to end. At the end of the movie when the main character asked the parents of the kidnapped/murdered children if they wanted the murderer to be delt with by the police or by them. I had a small hope for the murderer that some would say he be delt with the police but sadly I was wrong. I don't believe that violence is the answer to solve ANYTHING! I am not a fan of violence in movies and I dont quite belive our children should be seeing it. I only feel as iof violence should be put in a movie to renact something in the past. Examples of this are WW2, Vietnam War, Holocoust, ect. There are some parts of the movie that I did like so im not 100% against this. I enjoyed the mother/ daughter relationship and the letter that the daughter had written to her mother. The girl's mother admits that she gave her up and throughout the entire movie you can just see the bond being built, especially when the mother is hugging her daughter and apologizes 3 times. I was born to a young mother and was almost given up. Today our bond is now stronger that ever. Seeing this type of bond being built during all the violence is very powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment